Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Wireless Issues, connected, but no connection

Wireless Issues, connected, but no connection

I just bought a Netgear wpn311 wireless PCI card, installed it, and after attempted to connect to my network im stumped and annoyed.

I used the netgear smartwizard to connect and enter my WEP key, then it gave me the conformation message saying that i was connected.

But even though it says connected at 54mbps i have no internet access whatsoever. but i can see the router on my network

Any ideas on what i can do to get my wireless working?

Just a thought - a friend had a similar problem. Modem connected to router ets and laptop connected to router wirelessly

Turns out the modem needed connecting directly to the computer first, because it was a new modem, It needed to be registered with Virgin.

Is it a new modem or internet connection?

Can you see the computer through the network? Are you using DHCP and if so, is your computer getting a valid IP address?

Make sure that your router/modem is allowing that IP address access to the net.

Thread Information