Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: How to do a mail merge in Micosoft Word 97

Unhappy How to do a mail merge in Micosoft Word 97

Somebody show me a step by step approach as to how to do a mail merge using microsoft word 97. I want a step by step approach up to when I will get the copies from the printer.

welcome to the forum

off top of my head as I don't have word 97 on this pc, but try this...,

note; > = click

open blank doc > tools > mail merge > 1. create > form letters > active window > edit >2. get data > create data source > add field names (eg; name, address etc. > save > 1. edit form letter doc 1 > insert mail merge > pick merge items (eg; name, address etc. > complete rest of doc > save > print.

------------------
    for every question there's an answer. Then a load more questions.
    Definition of Upgrade "A means of introducing new bugs to a program to replace the ones that you have eventually found fixes for"

Regards..,
    Vic.

Definition of Upgrade "A means of introducing new bugs to a program to replace the ones that you have eventually found fixes for"

Regards..,
    Vic.

think I missed a bit:

open blank doc > tools > mail merge > 1. create > form letters > active window > edit >2. get data > create data source > add field names (eg; name, address etc. > save > 1. edit form letter doc 1 > insert mail merge > pick merge items (eg; name, address etc. > complete rest of doc > tools > mail merge > 3. merge > save > print.

------------------

Regards..,
    Vic.

[This message has been edited by Vic 970 (edited 02-26-2002).]

Regards..,
    Vic.

Thread Information