Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Xwave Sound Card QS 3000 A

Unhappy Xwave Sound Card QS 3000 A

I have problem with my sound card i.e No sound, previously it was working fine. recantly it give me message saying that there is no Q3dctl drivers, when i tried to install from my sound card driver CD Rom but then it ask me also to install DIRECT X 5.0 or above As per my knowledge I had already installed DIRECT X 6.0 for some games. after reinstall direct 6.0 it from game CD but still keep ask me install again & again. I am not sure about DIRECT driver files where it should located on primary partition to help audio drivers. As while installing it does not specify where it installing only we can see files copied to system.

Now in SYSTEM >> PROPERTIES >> There is conflict in OTHER DEVICES >> PCI BRIDGE & PCI UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS in device status of both it is stated that " device driver for are not installed correctly (error code 28)"i have to reinstall it but i have no idea about how can i install them as windows select the recommended driver for it. I not so sure how can get it? Is this conflict related to Sound Card Drivers ???

please help me out.

Blog Entries

Been trying to figure this one out, and don't have any great ideas, but you might try fixing the registry, if you're using win 98. Win95 didn't have scanreg, so if you have 95 disregard this, you'd have to rename the registry, which might or might not help, depends on what the actual problem is. I think it's related to the registry though.

Boot into the boot menu using the F8 key, and choose Command Prompt Only At the C:\> prompt type
    scanreg /fix [Enter]

This will run the registry repair tool. If you're running win95 we'll have to rename the registry and replace it with an earlier version. This works, but I don't like to do it unless it's absolutely necessary.

------------------
    If you had everything...Where would you put it?

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

sorry Buddy, I am using Win 95.

do You think that if i upgrade to Win 98 will help in solving problem ?

Blog Entries

Upgrading might help, but I would do a clean install instead of installing on top of an existing Operating System.

If you're running Win 95, it didn't have scanreg, but we can still try renaming the registry files, and bring the machine back to the condition it was in before all this started, if you have a bit of patience.

Boot to a Win95 start up disk, or use the F8 key, (Command Prompt Only is the option you want if you use the F8 key). Start Up disk would be better. Once you get to the A:\> or C:\> prompt get a directory listing of the system files and dates, and post them. System.dat and user.dat are the registry files. They are renamed and saved with different extensions when you install other programs. Here's what I need to see: all system.xxx files, and user.xxx files and their dates, along with an approximate date this started, so I know what to look for.
    Here's how to get the directory listings we need:

Commands to type are in bold, [Enter] denotes a key to press, and spaces in the commands are indicated by an underscore ( _ ) Place a space there instead of the underscore.

At the A:\> or C:\> prompt:
    dir_/p_c:\system.* [Enter]

This gives you a listing of all the system.xxx files. Ignore system.ini, write down all others, with dates. The /p switch tells DOS to list all files one page at a time in case you have too many to fit on one screen. Any key will scroll to the next screen.

Then get the user files:

dir_/p_c:\user.* [Enter]

will list those. Type these into a notepad file then copy and paste it into a post, we'll take a look and see what we can rename system.dat and user.dat to and replace the registry.

For the driver installation problem, you'll have to have the drivers on floppy or in a folder on the hard drive, and click the Have Disk button when you try the installation. Might be worth trying that first. Those drivers should be on the Windows CD ROM though...

Anyone else have a clue on this one? I'm about out of ideas.

------------------
    If you had everything...Where would you put it?

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

Thread Information