Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Monitor Screen Turns Pink

Question Monitor Screen Turns Pink

I have a ViewSonic 21P, My screen just recently has started to turn Pink and red, then back to normal..Is this a common failure, and should I look to replacing it, or is it a possible repair item?

SOunds like one of the color guns is going bad...don't think you can fix it, (at least not for a reasonable amount of $$) but good news is, it might last a long time still with intermittent rosy outlook...
    When all else fails, read the instructions.

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Drivers

Google

Hi Jerry,

You might try degaussing the monitor. Some monitors automatically do this when they are powered on. However, sometimes it's necessary to manually degauss. Magnetization can occur from many things, sometimes even by earth's natural properties alone, or by putting an unshielded computer speaker next to the monitor.

Your ViewSonic should have a degaussing option. Use the buttons on the front of the monitor to toggle through the options until you find it, or check the user manual for the monitor.

Try that and post back if no success.

Cheers,

Big Blue 66

------------------
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you in a court of law.
    This space reserved for highly intelligent observations and witty remarks.

Effort & Courage are not enough without Purpose and Direction.

---- Auther Unknown

On degaussing, the degaussing circuit built into most monitors requires a certain amount of time to elapse between atempts, so hit once then power down, wait about a half hour power back up and see if it has made a difference, if not try again (two or three times may be needed). If degaussing doesn't work then it may be the color gun.....

------------------
    mjc
    Links list:Computer Links

Does Bill Gates use WindowsME?
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Blog Entries

Wiggle the connector where it plugs into the video card. If it changes color then, it's a bad connection. I have one here that does the same thing and it's very annoying. Once I get it to work, it may last 2 weeks, may do it again in a half hour...Make sure the screws the hold the plug in are snug, that may help. I didn't say torque them down with big pliers, just snug... sometimes a small screwdriver works wonders...

------------------
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
    Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

That monitor didnt show up @ the Viewsonic site on a search; however, if it is a 21" monitor then it is worth repairing. I usually advise against repairs with the cost of new monitors so low relative to repair costs, but in this case(21") it's worth taking it to see if a new red gun (or whichever is out) can be replaced.

------------------
    "As hard as a rock & dumb as a brick"...Windows CEMeNT
    XP didn't save Me !

Thread Information