Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Lines and color bleeding/streaking

Question Lines and color bleeding/streaking

Have a friends Gateway and it has a problem with the video. When you open a box from the desktop there are dark lines that streak across the screen. It appears normal just looking at say the clouds wallpaper. I loaded the most recent drivers for the video. Gateway support could not figure out the problem either. The lines seem to bleed from the dark objects you look at and go all across the screen. Has anyone else had a similar problem like this?. Thanks

P500 3
    64meg ram
    TNT2 16meg

What controls are available on the monitor?

It soulds like it could be a monitor problem...

------------------
    mjc
    Links list:Computer Links

Celts are the men that heaven made mad, For all their battles are merry and their songs are all sad.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

mjc your bang on. Specifically it is the signs of the picture tube being weak. Sorry to say this Slayer but it's time for a new monitor.

__________________________________________________ _________

Ron

well, i have had basically the same problem. At first i thought it was the monitior, and i was actually going to but a new one when i had the cash. BUt then i replaced the video card and that fixed the problem. My guess would be that the video card is bad. If you can, try another monitior and if that dosen't work try another video card. If one of thoes fixes it then you know what the problem is.

It may be bad vedio card.Try it on another system, if it works properly on it It is your monitors problem.Check monitor's line output transformer on the PCB If your LOT has screen & focus control adjest them.If it is not works CRT may be defectiv.

Thread Information