Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Monitor trouble

Post Monitor trouble

Three year old system.
    Start of trouble: When the screen saver was on, after awhile the screen went black and wouldn't come back up.
    Followed by: No screen when system was rebooted just repeated clicking of the monitor, light was on
    Now:2 out of 3 times when booting up the computer there will be no screen, just repeated clicking and a green light.
    Help is this my monitor or my card?

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!

Hello M O M,

Welcome to Forums!

The clicking sound your are experiencing, since it is coming from the monitor itself, might point to the monitor as the culprit.

Do you have access to another monitor to check?

------------------
    May all your dealings in life be win/win!

Whyzman
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

Sorry, wish I did. Monitor working today but don't know for how long. It only turns on one a day. If I turn on the monitor but not the computer the LED turns green and then the monitor starts clicking. The LED doesn't turn yellow when the computer isn't on.

Hi There ...Ive been having kinda the same problem...well at least for the clicking...ive just installed my new Gainward geforce4 4600ti and it clicks when i start games.With newer detonator drivers it seems to do this more...like 3 or 4 clicks before the game runs...i would like to use the newer drivers cuz the performance and visuals are better ! So is there something to change to help this or do i have faulty equipment somewhere ?
    oh and btw I did fresh install of windows xp to get rid of all my old voodoo5 stuff in puter and still same problem...Well my question is what is the monitor actually doing when its clicking ?and could this be something i need to change or just a driver\windowsxp\game\...problem?
    thxx
    p.s. and i have applied the Nvidia refresh rate fix too

------------------
    GAINWARD G4 4600TI<I LOVE IT ,40 gig WD HD=ATA100,A7V-266-E mobo Bios 1007.,AMD 1800+@15.3,Gravis Exterminator Game Pad,512MB DDR Ram,IBM 22" monitor,Dynatron HSF,Antec 830 Case w\5 fans,onboard sound,Cable Modem,Windows XP PRO.,Soho Ethernet card,HP 9110 CD Writer,Mitsumi CD rom<<Originally from hp system
    GAINWARD G4 4600TI,40 gig WD HD=ATA100,A7V-266-E mobo Bios 1011.,AMD 1800xp,1 gig DDR Ram Crucial, IBM 22" monitor,SLK800 ,Antec 830 Case w\5 fans,Soundblaster live xgamer,Cable Modem,Windows XP PRO.,Soho Ethernet card,HP 9110 CD Writer,Mitsumi CD rom

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!

THunDA,

You're digging up some pretty stale stuff here! This one's nearly 3 months old!

------------------
    May all your dealings in life be win/win!

Whyzman

----------------------
    Reserved for Punishing Humor...A Pessimist's blood is always B-negative!
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

Thread Information