Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Printer

Post Printer

Have inexpensive HP DeskJet 612C. Was working fine until I got new PC
    The problem: Just after I boot up, the printer shoots out a blank sheet.
    Later on when I send to the printer, it shoots out another blank sheet but with the letter e with a hyphen over the e, at the top of the sheet. I have made sure that the ink cartridges are seated right and that the cover is closed. Thanks for any advise you can give me. Jim

------------------
    Jim
    Jim

When you got the new pc, are they both running the same os? was old one an HP whilst the new one is something else?

To tell the truth, this sounds like a printer driver issue, you might try uninstall and reinstall of it, and if that doesn't work, might download new driver for it. My epson won't work in windows 98 without doing some crazy stuff and printing fuzzy like, but in Windows NT, it prints fine. Haven't tried 2000 or win Me.

------------------
    Joe Redd
    MCP
    Joe Redd

Smile

Thanks for your reply Joe. Question: On old PC, had Win 98. On new one it has 98 SE. Woud this make any difference? Thanks for your patience. Jim

------------------
    Jim
    Jim

well, if both machines are running windows 98. My question then is have you uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers? If that doesn't work, you might try to go to hp's website and download new printer drivers. If it worked before, and doesn't work now, it is almost always drivers that cause the problems.

If you just uinstall and reinstall the printer, that is done by going to pritners in the control panel, deleting the printer in there, then do that add printer wizard again. If you download new drivers for the printer, first delete the printer, then readd it, but when you get to the manufacturer/ printer screen, click have disk, and point to the folder where the printer driver is located (where you downloaded it to).

If you need more info than that, post back.

------------------
    Joe Redd
    MCP
    Joe Redd

Thread Information