Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: printer dos not respond at all,what is wrong?

Post printer dos not respond at all,what is wrong?

i just got a used lexmark4076 printer,i downloaded the driver from lexmark web site it said ibm4076 execjet or lexmark 4076.
    i have the ink full,but when i print paper dosnot pull,cartidge dosnot move at all.
    is there any way to remove the software completly and start from scratch so when i start win98 it will say new hardware found?
    i am not sure it it need flash memory inside,i saw one slot empty which i believe is for memory.
    thank you
    have a nice weekend

hi,

click you start button>> settings>> control panel>> printers folder>> delete printer you don't want.

[This message has been edited by sea69 (edited 05-31-2002).]

Also check the cable,if it is a parallel cable make sure that it is firmly attached (with the screws and the clips), if USB try another cable.

Check the parallel port settings in BIOS, make sure it is set to ECP or EPP.

------------------
    mjc
    Computer Links

Celts are the men that heaven made mad, For all their battles are merry and their songs are all sad.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information