Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Protecting a MS Word Document

Unhappy Protecting a MS Word Document

I have a MS Word document that I "protect" and share with others and they input info. into specific fields.(I protect the document so that others can not change the settings.) In doing so, I lose the capability to spell
    check or add bullet points to the document. How can I resolve this? Is there a better way, other than "protecting" the document to achieve the same results but have the capability to add bullet points and spell
    check the document?

Blog Entries

OK, what's the deal? I posted a reply to this topic last night, this morning it doesn't show up...this is about 4 of them so far...

You might try saving the original as a master copy, and another as a working copy. Others will be able to change the working copy, then save it at the end of the day to the master copy, which would be the protected one. Give them similar names, just adding something like _a or _1 to the end of the filename for the working copy, to distinguish between the two. Save the working copy to the master by renaming it, and let it overwrite the existing copy. Then save it again as the other filename for a working copy.

This might be a bit of trouble, but you'll have a working copy that can be altered, and a master copy that's protected...

------------------
    If you had everything...Where would you put it?

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

Thread Information