Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: an annoying Juno advertisement

Post an annoying Juno advertisement

Well, my friend (no really my friend, not me) is using Juno free internet. There is this annoying advertisement. It evens is in the middle of the screen when he tries to play Starcraft on battle.net. I heard from an another friend that (he even did this) you can get rid of the advertisement without getting kicked off the internet. That is what it does if you close the advertisement. So my question is one of three or all three. (1) How do you get rid of the advertisement without getting booted off? (2) Or is there a way I can make it so the advertisement does not come up while trying to play Starcraft on the internet? (3) Or is there a way to play a game while on NetZero?
    The reason for the third question is that he also has NetZero and everytime he clicks on Starcraft, Netzero goes bye bye (booted off).
    --Thanks for all your help before and now--

Blog Entries

Juno sucks...that's my final answer...

If it's possible to disable or bypass the ads, we can't tell you how here, read the licensing agreement. By using Juno he agreed to put up with the ads. That's that.

I never got kicked off by closing the pop up ads, maybe Juno has changed their program lately. I wouldn't doubt it. They can't be satisfied with the usual ad banner that the other free internet services are content with...Juno sucks...

Don't know what the deal is with getting kicked off by NetZero too, neither one ever kicked me off at any time when I used them. Maybe they don't support online gaming too well? Then again I never tried to get into any online games with Juno, Freewwweb or Netzero...

The only sure fire cure I know of is a local paid for ISP.

------------------
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
    Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

Netzero has sustained substantial losses over the last year.......they are changing the service ...you only get 40 hr per mo. free....but in addition, they have LOTS of connect probs too(Juno is losing tons of $ too). I've had a local ISP for many years (6am-6pm)...trying to use a free service at night is a joke. Anyways, I believe ALL of the free services will either Go Away during the next year or put huge restrictions on your use. They are losing thier Arses......ie The "Business Model" (I love all of those BS terms) aint working

------------------
    "As hard as a rock & dumb as a brick"...Windows CEMeNT
    XP didn't save Me !

The only things that I can think of are to see if you can set Starcraft to "Always on Top" and to try a different game server for the NetZero account.

A "real" ISP wouldn't hurt either. A city the size of Portland should have quite a few to choose from including sime that should be in $10 or under range. Try here for one:TheList

------------------
    mjc
    To ME or NOT to ME....
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information