Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Mercury ADSL router

Unhappy Mercury ADSL router

I have purchased a Mercury ADSL router ART18CX that I am trying to configure to use with my 2 computers, using a Freeserve Broadband connection. The problem is the lack of any technical support, it all has to be configured manually without the aide of any useful information on what settings to choose, here is an example

WAN Configuration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Wide Settings

Default Gateway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per VC Settings

Enabled? VPI VCI Static IP Address Subnet Mask
    No Yes

MAC SPOOFING
    Mac Spoofing Disable Enable
    Mac Address

ATM
    Service Category UBR CBR
    Bandwidth kbps

ENCAPSULATION PPPoA VC-Mux PPPoA LLC 1483 Bridged IP LLC 1483 Routed IP LLC 1483 Bridged IP VC-Mux 1483 Routed IP VC-Mux Classical IP over ATM PPPoE VC-Mux PPPoE LLC PPPoE None

BRIDGE Disabled Enabled

IGMP Disabled Enabled

PPP
    Service Name
    Username
    Password
    Disconnect Timeout seconds (Max:32767)
    Authentication CHAP PAP Auto
    Automatic Reconnect

DHCP
    DHCP client enable
    Host Name

Virtual Circuit: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Settings need to be saved to Flash and the system needs to be rebooted for changes to take effect.

Save Configuration

Does anyone out there know anything about configuring this router or can someone point me in the right direction for tech advice.

Thanks in anticipation
    FBW

Flybywyre
    If you send me your e-mail addy (PM me or mail me) I will send you the manual (PDF) for the Alcatel 510 router.

You might be able to find the info you require from that. I know that it is a different make/model of router but the setsup for what you are after should be the either the same or similar.
    Ernie

The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one is made from strong will, and the other from strong won't
    Henry Ward Beecher
    Do you have reading problems? Don't let it deter you. This is what YOU can do if you try http://www.erniek.eclipse.co.uk

FBW
    Check your mail in about 5 minutes. Am sending it just now.

As I said in my mail I plumped for the Alcatel as there is a good manual with it. Also it is my ISP that is selling it and I will have limited tech support from them with it.
    Ernie

The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one is made from strong will, and the other from strong won't
    Henry Ward Beecher
    Do you have reading problems? Don't let it deter you. This is what YOU can do if you try http://www.erniek.eclipse.co.uk

Thread Information