Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Buying a processor, hs, fan combo

Buying a processor, hs, fan combo

I need to buy a processor for a new motherboard, ABIT BH7. The manual states it is best to buy the processor with matching HS< fan. any recommendations as to online sources would be appreciated. Considering Intel 2.0 to 2.4

Blog Entries
    The best and only way to get a processor with a matching heatsink & fan combo is to buy it retail boxed. That's also the only way to get a decent warranty on a processor. Stay away from OEM processors unless you know exactly what you're doing.

My favorite online vendor (and the fav of many here on the forums) is Newegg. They have very good prices, a wide selection, and their customer service is among the best. There are other places online, too, but make sure you check each vendor on Reseller Ratings before you hand over any money.

I like Newegg because it's a one-stop-shop - everything you need to build an entire computer, and that helps to keep shipping costs down.

Thread Information