Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: MS IE Script error in W2K

MS IE Script error in W2K

Hi, My machine is Windows 2000 Professioanl with SP4 & all patches till date are updated. It has Symantec Antivirus which is also up to date.

Since today when I open Control Panel I get an scrip error like this.....& after I press OK it woks fine.

& when I open Add/Remove programmes it's like this.....

I had scanned for virus, it has't showed any & I have used Adware & have deleted Spywares it has detected.
    Please help me
    --RmS

What is the url on the "Internet Explorer Script Error" DialogBox?

Does it happen in Safe Mode (F8 during startup)?

Have you tried Last Known Good (F8 during startup)?
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

When I used to use IE, I turned off script error reporting...I think it's under Internet Options/Advanced. Even now that I don't use it, I keep IE script error reporting off. Maybe I shouldn't, I don't know. But I've never found any of the reports to be of any use whatsoever, only annoying.
    Pop Pop
    ===========
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    Albert Einstein

But I've never found any of the reports to be of any use
    It is not of much use when it relates to pages over which one has no control - such as badly designed downloaded internet web pages. Here the error is coming up when accessng Control Panel and with blanked entries in Add/Remove.

That is why I was hoping the url might indicate the source and a distant bell rings somewhere that this could possibly be related to the Help and Support Centre.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Thread Information