Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: GOOD Guides, anyone?

GOOD Guides, anyone?

I've been looking around for some study guide for various certifications...specifically A+, Network+, and Security+. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good, comprehensive, and most importantly current guides?

There seems to be a lot to choose from, and all have very mixed reviews.

Thanks!
    J
    ---------------------------------------------------
    DFI LP NF4
    AMD Athlon64 3800+
    1 gb OCZ ULL PC-3200 RAM (2-3-2-5)
    Radeon X1800XT 512MB Vid

Unfortunately the exams are so broad in scope that any single publication or guide is unlikely to satisfy your needs.
    certiguide.com (see the sticky at the top of this forum) is a good place to start, but you will need to gather information from lots of sources.
    One of the things I found beneficial was to look at the objectives on CompTIAs site, and then do a search on the Internet.

The A+ can cover so many things - make sure you know about irqs etc, and unfortunatley, just about every OS microsoft has released since 98. I took mine a couple of weeks before they introduced the XP syllabus (supposed to be the 2000 syllabus) and got all questions on NT.
    The Net+ covers stuff such as MAC OS X server, so it's going to be worth looking at the Mac sites.
    The security+ can be a hard exam - I got questions such as 'which part of xxxx communication on the net/internet allows for key exchange.

Look for forums on any given subject. For instance, http://www.macosx.com/forums/ may be of use for the net+ stuff for MAC OS X

Great....you mean I actually have to LEARN stuff???

Thanks for the info, man.
    DFI LP NF4
    AMD Athlon64 3800+
    1 gb OCZ ULL PC-3200 RAM (2-3-2-5)
    Radeon X1800XT 512MB Vid

Thread Information