Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: windows xp will not turn off my pc.....

was wrexham now liverpool with my boyfriend

Angry windows xp will not turn off my pc.....

hi i hope someone can help me out, my computer will not shut down anymore using windows, the only way it turns off is on the socket, it use to but now it has just stopped doing it and i have uninstalled norton and tried to switch it off, but it still wont . So reinstalled norton and still no luck. I have also tried the help and surpport on windows done everything it has told me to do and it still wont turn off , it will restart and log off but not switch off. Hope you can help as it is getting annoying now.,.... thanx

Smile

thanx for that tried them both and still no joy any other ideas .

thanx for the links, this is what it says on the link from help and support thanx for helping me, when ever you start the pc up it checks backup disk d then it boots up normally.

Details
    Product: Windows Operating System
    Event ID: 1002
    Source: Application Hang
    Version: 5.2
    Symbolic Name: ER_HANG_LOG
    Message: Hanging application %1, version %2, hang module %3, version %4, hang address 0x%5.

Explanation
    The indicated program stopped responding. The message contains details on which program and module stopped responding. A matching event with EventID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

User Action
    No user action is required.

Thread Information