Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: monitor screen turns yellow

monitor screen turns yellow

I have a Bridge monitor. bought about 7years ago. It was included in the package deal.

The problem is, the screen turns yellow as if a yellow tint is on it. Sometimes, turning the monitor off then on solves the problem. sometimes not. Sometimes, tapping the side of the monitor solves the problem, still sometimes not.I'm sure its not a windows problem because it still seen during boot up.

I wanted to check the monitor but need advice of what to expect (I had experienced getting shocked by two of our television sets).

Try carefully moving the cable that attaches to the PC to see if the tint goes away. Re-seat the monitor cable.
    I would start looking at replacement of that monitor.

I had a similar situation with a system. I wasn't sure if it was the monitor or the video card. But since a monitor is easier to replace, I did that and it took care of the problem.

It is definitely your monitor. I had the exact same thing happen. Another video card didn't help. What I could figure is the yellow was actually the monitors inability to produce the colour blue. Anyway, your looking at needing a new monitor. Just a note, I bought an Acer 17" LCD monitor and couldn't be happier (unless it was bigger).

Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah
    But since a monitor is easier to replace, I did that and it took care of the problem.
    had the same problem... was a bad cable off my kvm switch, so I was able to replace it. But the monitor's attached cable might prove to be more difficult.
    even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

Lightbulb yellow screen tip helped

Quote Originally Posted by rio_bugarin View Post
    I have a Bridge monitor. bought about 7years ago. It was included in the package deal.

The problem is, the screen turns yellow as if a yellow tint is on it. Sometimes, turning the monitor off then on solves the problem. sometimes not. Sometimes, tapping the side of the monitor solves the problem, still sometimes not.I'm sure its not a windows problem because it still seen during boot up.

I wanted to check the monitor but need advice of what to expect (I had experienced getting shocked by two of our television sets).

Thank you - turning monitor off and in did it this time.

Thread Information