Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: MCSE?

Post MCSE?

hi, a quick question:
    is it worth spending 15K for an MCSE certification? do you get good jobs and money with it?
    How do you compare the MCSE to a 4years college degree in computer science?
    thanks

------------------
    #!@$*%.....just format the damn C:
    %#!*$&!.....just format the damn C:

No; no; unfavorably.

Don't do it!!! The MCSE braindumps have knocked the **** out of the value of the certification. I'm MCSA now, and have two more exams to complete to get my MCSE, which I will write because they are already paid for. Most people in my class, who were utter morons, passed the exams using braindumps. It really pisses me off that I spent so much time studying and setting up an home network to learn this material, only to have these twits get their certs without having the knowledge. Employers I've spoken with don't have faith in the certification process (any of them; A+, Novell,etc.) because of the proliferation of braindump sites. Experience is the key. I was fortunate enough to receive retraining under a government funded program, so I'm not on the hook for a big loan, but I wish they had given me the money so I could have purchased equipment.

------------------
    There's a hole in my memory, dear Liza, dear Liza, there's a whole in my memory, dear Liza, a hole.
    Then disable it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry, then disable it, dear Henry, dear Henry, disable it.
    There's a hole in my memory, dear Liza, dear Liza, there's a whole in my memory, dear Liza, a hole.
    Then disable it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry, then disable it, dear Henry, dear Henry, disable it.

Thank you for the advice. So it`s my understanding that this certification lost it`s value somhow. So tell me, what is that an employer is nowdays looking in terms of certifications? which are still considered valuable?
    thanks again

------------------
    #!@$*%.....just format the damn C:
    %#!*$&!.....just format the damn C:

Getting certified basically means that you've passed certain exams. All of the exams I've written have followed a multiple choice answer format. It has been proven that this isn't a true test of one's understanding of concepts.

As I stated earlier, employers are looking for people with experience. The more certifications you have will probably help you get a job, but without experience, they are only good for entry level positions, i.e. help desk and basic user support. There are so many people coming out of schools with the various certifications, that the market is overloaded and competition for these positions is fierce. The braindumps have really killed the value of being certified. After I wrote the MSCE exam 70-215, which covers 2000 Server, I came across a student who was doing some last minute cramming before he went to write it. I studied hard to pass it and got 960 out of 1000. Pretty good says I. I asked him what he was reviewing and he said it was a braindump. He gave it to me and went and wrote the exam. I reviewed it and every question I had on my exam seemed to be on this braindump. He wrote it in 15 minutes and got 921. It took me 2 hours. Now, who would you say understood the material? I asked him if he had studied anything else and he said no, just the braindumps.

Instead of spending the money on a course, buy the materials, some gear, and start mucking about. I've learned more on my own than I ever did in school.

Supa Dupa

------------------

Hey Supa Dupa:

That used to be my ex wife's pet name for me - yikes

Anyway - All the braindumpers know are buzzwords and anachronyms

The empty barrel makes the most noise - when these idiots are called on to actually know something and start spewing out the "dazzle them with your *$^%&##&" crap that you hear out of those who know nothing...

You, on the other hand, will not need all the *$%!&*$%# because you will know what you are talking about and, I trust, any employer with a brain, can tell the difference.

The education one gets preparing for MCSE or any certification is as important as the certification itself - braindumpers are getting only have of a certification - quality wins out in the end - as I am sure yours will

Be cool

Watch the language please...Pete

------------------
    Good Judgement comes from Experience - Experience comes from Bad Judgement - but bad judgement is more fun!!

[This message has been edited by Paleo Pete (edited 06-22-2002).]
    Good Judgement comes from Experience - Experience comes from Bad Judgement - but bad judgement is more fun!!

Thanks old_kid. I'm glad I embarked on this journey. I feel a sense of pride in getting the certifications I have because I worked hard and didn't depend on the braindumps. I'm completing my work term at a medical school in the software support department and the network admin now and then asks my opinion on certain subjects. If I don't know the answer off hand, I know where to find it. It's a mixed windows environment, and they have plans to migrate to a pure NT 5 network in the next few months. My little project, besides sorting out why users have to supply their user name and password to check their exchange accounts(me:"Uhm, are you logged on to the network?" them:"what does that mean?") is to get the two student labs up and running in W2K. At the moment, the machines are running 98.

This site started my interest in computers and I thank Charles and the gang for keeping it going. It's the best!!!

Supa Dupa

By the by, your ex says hello.;> )

------------------

[This message has been edited by Supa Dupa (edited 06-12-2002).]

Hey Supa:

Just don't tell her how to find me - PLEASE I beg you

Hahahahahha

------------------

What exactly is a braindump? I am lookin to do A+ and N+ next year probably, I make decent money but the costs of the exams are rather high. That's ok, gives me more time to study and get prepared.

------------------
    I can feel the wheel, but I can't steer
    When my thoughts become my biggest fear
    Ah, what's the difference, I'll die
    In this sick world of mine
    I can feel the wheel, but I can't steer
    When my thoughts become my biggest fear
    Ah, what's the difference, I'll die
    In this sick world of mine

http://www.mcsebraindumps.com/

CompTIA had a big clamp-down a little while ago, so I doubt you'll find many dumps for those tests. That's a good thing.

I'm more than a little bitter at Microsoft for not protecting the integrity of their exams.

Ken (MCSE, MCDBA, A+, Network+, AAS, CP/M)

Lightbulb

You know, whats' interesting is that i recently posted my resume online at Monster just to see what kind of hits i would get; now i'm A+, Net+, inet+, MSCE, MCP, Novell, COBOL experianced, C+/++, VB, Linux,Solaris and have close to 20 years in the PC field.

You know what got me the most hits? Not just my experiance-but the fact i have a Linux Cert. So am therefore famailar with a Unix based OS.

Got some pretty tempting offers too. But i've got to much time in with my present employer to go skipping around. Besides, i'd hate to have to wear in a new Butt groove in another office somewhere's.

------------------
    iisbob

There is no such thing as a stupid question; just an improper one.-my own belief

[This message has been edited by iisbob (edited 06-16-2002).]
    iisbob

Read in a message board of a local BBS: "I try to avoid using Microsoft. That's why I use MS-DOS."

Thread Information