Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: My PC Capabilities?

Question My PC Capabilities?

Just purchased new PC and mainly for Crysis when its released. Need to know if this is capable of handling Crysis at a pretty good level on DX10. Hopefully it is. Here the main specs:

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750 (2x 2.66GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1333FSB)

Motherboard - MSI P6N SLI-F nForce 650i SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, PCI-E MB

Memory - 2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 8600GTS 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

Hard Drive - 320 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache]

Monitor - LCD Monitor Viewsonic 20" Widescreen Q20wb TFT LCD Monitor 1680x1050 w/Fast 5ms Video Response

Keyboard - Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Operation System - Vista Home Premium

Pretty good system as far as i can see, and it will play some pretty intense games, but i am not aware of Crysis 's requirements.

Saphalline, our resident Gaming Guru, would know better how well your system will run Crysis
    My Computer:
    DELL XPS 400
    250 GB HD & 80 GB HD and 500 GB HD
    ATI Radeon x1950 256 MB PCIe (upgrading soon)
    Intel Pentium D 2.79Ghz with 3.0 GB RAM + 15GB pagefile
    DVD-ROM ; CD-RW; floppy
    17" Monitor and 20" Widescreen dual
    Looking to upgrade my PSU to a 650 Watt

Internet Help Desk

My City Visit daily!

we are not unreasonable... i mean, we wont eat your eyes

it all looks good but that 8600gts may hold you back abit.
    Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
    RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
    HDD: 6GB
    Internet: 256k+
    Optical Drive: DVD
    Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
    Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
    RAM: 1.5Gb
    HDD: 6GB
    Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
    Optical Drive: DVD
    Software: DX10 with Windows Vista
    most sites say this but if you want to play it full wack i would recommend a 8800

like Ajmukon said Saphalline will know more
    My Computer

Parts:
    CPU: Q9450 @ 3.6Ghz(OC'd)1800Mhz FSB
    Mobo: EVGA 780i
    GPU: HD 5870 (I have two but only got one in at the moment)
    PSU: 1000w Corsair
    Ram: 4GB Corsair dominator DDR2 1066Mhz
    Soundcard: Asus Xonar D2
    Monitor: Samsumg 226BW 22" and secondary 17" LCD
    Speakers: logitech Z5400
    Case: Silverstone Tj07

Water cooling:
    Loop 1: Mobo NB & Mofset with Zalman resorator
    Loop 2: CPU (Ek supreme) with MCP 355 XSPC acrylic top 360 & 240 mm rad

Ya the vid card will definitely hold you back. I would get another 2GB of RAM too.
    CPU: Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.6Ghz GPU: Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Mobo: ASUS P5E RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 w/DHX
    HDDs: 1x74GB Raptor; 2x500GB WD5000AAKS
    Display: Samsung 226BW Sound: X-Fi ExtremeGamer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kILLDR3n
    Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 8600GTS 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video
    You'll be able to play Crysis in DX9 mode just fine, although not at higher resolutions. But DX10 mode would be suicide! The poor little 8600's just don't have enough raw power to grab the DX10 torch and run with it. If you can get the vid card replaced, you should check out my new list. The 8800's are roughly 3-4 times as powerful! So for the price, the 320MB version 8800 GTS smacks the living daylights out of the 8600 GTS!!

Operation System - Vista Home Premium
    This is the 64-bit version, right? I mean, the 32-bit version would be silly on a system like yours!

Vista Home Premium is the 32 bit version

Quote Originally Posted by odannyboy000 View Post
    Ya the vid card will definitely hold you back. I would get another 2GB of RAM too.

Only if he upgrades to O/S to 64 bit

If they stay with home Premium ( 32 bit) then adding another 512 x2 to get to 3Gig is the max it will access

Quote Originally Posted by George Hallam View Post
    it all looks good but that 8600gts may hold you back abit.
    most sites say this but if you want to play it full wack i would recommend a 8800

like Ajmukon said Saphalline will know more

The other quote won't go in but are these requirements you posted for Crysis? I honestly didn't see a difference between the DX9 and DX10 comparison for Crysis on GameTrailers. But if there really is, please let me know and I'll upgrade.

And I am disappointed because I just bought the PC 2 days ago and already find out that I need an upgrade to play at a good level that I want.

So I have to buy a full price 8800GTS 320MB when I could've just upgraded in the PC customizing page for about 1/3 the price before.

This is the 64-bit version, right? I mean, the 32-bit version would be silly on a system like yours!
    If I choose to stay with the 8600GTS on DX9, do you mean I will still need Vista 64-bit to play well on DX9? Or do I just need the 64-bit if I upgrade to 8800 and play DX10?
    How do you upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit, is it just like $50 more or something or do I have to do a complete purchase of Vista again?

Will playing Crysis on DX10 with my specs be "okay..." or will it be pretty choppy and laggy? On DX9, with my specs it will not lag or have bad frame rate and be fine right?

I hope everybody isn't thinking I want to play Crysis at max graphics and processing level. On a scale from 1(minimum requirements) - 10(maximum game performance), I was probably thinking from 6.75 to 7.75 or 8 maybe and in DX10 if possible.

- Can someone give me a list of exactly what I need to upgrade, the upgrades, and like a relative cost?
    - Or should I not even upgrade. Is it even worth the cost for complete DX10 performance right now, will there be a big difference from DX9 (when comparing Crysis) for my money? Should I stay at the specs now and wait to upgrade maybe within a full year?
    Last edited by kILLDR3n; 08-25-2007 at 09:52 PM.

You have a great setup for Crysis. (Minus your current video card, OS and amount of RAM).

2GB extra of RAM will cost around $100 (Don't get it unless you get new OS supporting 64-bit).

If I were you, I'd go ahead and get the 8800GTX, or the 8800GTS 640MB minimum. (Unless you plan on playing games at a lower resolution, i.e. 1024x768-1600x1200)

Now if you do upgrade to this, you can sell your current card to make up for the price difference.

I hear that the DX9 version of Crysis looks amazing, and isn't that different looking from DX10. With that said, it's up to you to decide what to do.

Overall your looking at around $200-500.

As far as upgrading to 64-bit, I don't know whether you will have to buy a new one or not. Best to contact MS and make sure. If you don't have to buy a new copy, you'll probably have to spend 50-100 to upgrade.

Blog Entries
    And I am disappointed because I just bought the PC 2 days ago and already find out that I need an upgrade to play at a good level that I want.
    Sorry, dude, but you should have come here 3 days ago.

So I have to buy a full price 8800GTS 320MB when I could've just upgraded in the PC customizing page for about 1/3 the price before.
    So you can't return it and re-spec it? Or is there a major restocking fee because it's a custom build?

If I choose to stay with the 8600GTS on DX9, do you mean I will still need Vista 64-bit to play well on DX9? Or do I just need the 64-bit if I upgrade to 8800 and play DX10?
    It boggles my mind that Vista 32-bit is sold and installed on a system like yours! The 64-bit versions of Vista are far more efficient on high-end systems! And it's not like using the 32-bit version improves compatibility with older programs! Vista is not compatible with older programs, period. I just don't understand it...

How do you upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit, is it just like $50 more or something or do I have to do a complete purchase of Vista again?
    It's a completely different license. You'd need a 64-bit license and 64-bit media, which are not things you got if your new system came with the stock 32-bit version. While it's a shame that you were sold the 32-bit version when your system is capable of so much more, it's not a deal breaker. It's just a shame is all. For instance, like the others said, you can't go over 3GB of RAM on the 32-bit version. The 64-bit version, however, supports up to 64GB of RAM! Just a few differences like that.

Will playing Crysis on DX10 with my specs be "okay..." or will it be pretty choppy and laggy?
    The DX10 render path introduces much more rigorous instruction calls and really strains the thread dispatcher and granulized memory controller. Your 8600 GTS is lacking in raw power for these extra strains. And in general, DX10 performance is already lacking due to software support and driver immaturity. DX10 is, unfortunately, not yet streamlined. Bioshock and Crysis will end up being the DX10 test games that lead us into 2008's patches and driver updates.

On DX9, with my specs it will not lag or have bad frame rate and be fine right?
    The DX9 render path will be far less strenuous on your 8600 GTS and will perform slightly faster. But exactly how "fine" it will be depends upon your expectations. I estimate, based on no cold hard facts right now, that you will be able to play Crysis in DX9 mode at around 1024 x 768 at medium settings without a problem (ie, average frame rates above 30fps). Obviously some sections of the game will be harsher than others, but I'm fairly confident in my estimation.

Can someone give me a list of exactly what I need to upgrade, the upgrades, and like a relative cost?
    An out-of-pocket upgrade to a GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB will be roughly $286 (including shipping), less if you do the rebate. I have this 8800 GTS 640MB which is slightly OC'ed from eVGA and will cost you roughly $396 (including shipping), less if you do the rebate. Going higher than that will guarantee you a certain level of performance from Crysis, but also more money, as you can see from my list.

Beyond just the vid card, which by itself represents more than 50% of a system's gaming performance potential at this point, we've already touched on the 64-bit OS upgrade and adding more RAM (which again is only plausible if you upgrade the OS). However, these two play third fiddle to the vid card and DX9/DX10 issues, and are overall unnecessary in light of your other specs. Your system, aside from the vid card, is already poised to tackle Crysis head-on!

Or should I not even upgrade. Is it even worth the cost for complete DX10 performance right now, will there be a big difference from DX9 (when comparing Crysis) for my money? Should I stay at the specs now and wait to upgrade maybe within a full year?
    Ahh, now we come to the real issue!! Spend MORE money on top of what you've already spent on the new system? Or just leave it be for now as a lesson well-learned and run with it for awhile?

That decision can only be yours. We can only offer advice. I'd say the question of upgrades is dependent upon whether or not you can get a 2-day-old system returned or upgraded with little cost and hassle. Generally speaking, this is not the case. As such, you probably don't have an extra $300 laying around to upgrade the vid card on a 2-day-old system! Am I right? If both of these points are true, I say let it be for now and see how Crysis turns out. Your platform is good and already has plenty of room for future upgrades - about as good as it gets. If you feel you need a vid card upgrade after you try out Crysis, then address the issue at that time.

As for the DX9 vs DX10 thing, don't sweat it! So far as I've seen, there is no DX10 game engine yet that looks significantly better than what DX9 can do. Most of that is because current games are supporting both, and as such are not superior in DX10 mode because of having to support DX9 render calls. Only a true DX10-only Vista-only game will ever change that. And a game like that is not going to be released anytime soon! Until then, my 8800 GTS 640MB vid card is one killer DX9 performer!

-

By the way, eVGA offers a 90-day step-up program during which you can return your new vid card and pay the difference to upgrade to a more expensive vid card. Did your new system come with an eVGA brand vid card? It's a long shot, but...

This is what it says on MS site:

Can I upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows?

No. If you are currently running a 32-bit version of Windows, you can only perform an upgrade to another 32-bit version of Windows. Similarly, if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you can only perform an upgrade to another 64-bit version of Windows Vista.

For detailed information about installing and upgrading 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows, go to Installation choices for Windows Vista (32-bit) or Installation choices for Windows Vista (64-bit) online.

So for me to get 64-bit I'll have to completely purchase new copy of Vista? I actually had a choice between 32 and 64-bit when customizing. I didn't know much about Vista yet and went to Live Help at the website for my PC. It was actually only $19 upgrade right then and I asked the operator the difference between the two and he said for the price there is no difference. I guess now that I know...he didn't know anything about Vista at all and was just looking at price.
    What would I need to do going from 32-bit to 64-bit? Can someone give me the directions involving the uninstalling and installing, will I lose any previous programs or anything?

So you can't return it and re-spec it? Or is there a major restocking fee because it's a custom build?
    I don't know much about sending the PC back for recustomizing, and at iBuyPower.com you'd have to pay the shipping again which is already over $150. iBuyPower has some good ratings, but that is based off PC speculation. It looks that they're more of a amateur company with an amateur site seeing that there is almost no options in their Help and Service section.

And I have a 16:10 monitor that I purchased with the PC and what do you mean by saying I will be fine with DX9 and Crysis, but "playing at lower resolutions"? Wouldn't I be able to support higher resolutions or are the settings set up for higher resolutions - slower, lower resolutions - faster?
    So do they mean just "upgrade" for a smaller price or they mean you also can't just completely buy it again as 64-bit version?

Finally, I need to understand how to play a game at DX9 with DX10 installed in the computer. Will I just be able to switch between them with settings, or does it involve downgrading with uninstallment, etc.?
    Last edited by kILLDR3n; 08-26-2007 at 12:09 PM.

You guys don't know, do know I bought my PC 2 days ago, but I don't have it yet. They actually haven't even started making it. They have charged the credit card though. I'm going to try and see if they can cancel so I can resubmit a new order within the coming days.

And I have a 16:10 monitor that I purchased with the PC and what do you mean by saying I will be fine with DX9 and Crysis, but "playing at lower resolutions"?
    This simply means that your Graphics Card can't play it well on higher resolutions. It has nothing to do with your monitor.

Finally, I need to understand how to play a game at DX9 with DX10 installed in the computer. Will I just be able to switch between them with settings, or does it involve downgrading with uninstallment, etc.?
    You don't have to do anything. No settings changes and ESPECIALLY no downgrading and un-installment.

Blog Entries
    I asked the operator the difference between the two and he said for the price there is no difference.

Yeah, I'd say he didn't know what the #^%& he was talking about!! My God! No difference between Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit!? Geez...

What would I need to do going from 32-bit to 64-bit?
    You'd need to reinstall everything, just like you found out. It's a completely different kernel and the media are different. It would be like starting over.

And I have a 16:10 monitor that I purchased with the PC and what do you mean by saying I will be fine with DX9 and Crysis, but "playing at lower resolutions"? Wouldn't I be able to support higher resolutions or are the settings set up for higher resolutions - slower, lower resolutions - faster?
    That is correct. Higher resolutions are more graphically intensive, and as such are going to play much slower. Unfortunately, due to the compromises of the 8600 series, they don't have much luck in general playing games at higher resolutions. Like I said, the 8800 GTS 320MB version is 3-4 times faster than the 8600 GTS, meaning that playing at higher resolutions is actually possible on the 8800's.

The only thing you have to do is make sure the game's settings are defaulted to DX9 rendering mode. That's it.

I bought my PC 2 days ago, but I don't have it yet. They actually haven't even started making it. They have charged the credit card though. I'm going to try and see if they can cancel so I can resubmit a new order within the coming days.
    Oh sweet! That's awesome!! I was under the impression you already had it on your desk, but if it's not even assembled yet...

Yeah, go ahead and cancel that order and start over! That would be the best way to go right now, even if they charge you a bit for cancellation. But I can't see why they'd do that if you call them up and tell them you want to upgrade a few things vs not buying anything at all!

When I would upgrade I would do the Vista 64-bit, but for the graphics card I think I may only have enough for the NVIDIA 8600GTS still but its the 512MB. How is that one compared to the 8600GTS 256MB?

And also check this out:

Crytek talks New IP, Crysis to be a trilogy and Demo coming soon, Consoles and More
    http://gamers-creed.com/?p=421

Highlights
    * Crytek are working overtime polishing the game.
    * Will run well and look great on single core CPUs + 6800GT.
    * Crysis is designed as a trilogy.
    * New IP announcement soon; Possibly multi-platform.
    * Demo may come at the end of September; Expect an announcement soon.
    Last edited by kILLDR3n; 08-26-2007 at 02:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    If you don't have the money to upgrade, then you don't have it. Take what you can get.

Don't waste your time or money on the 512MB version of the 8600 GTS. That GPU doesn't have the power to make use of the extra RAM. It's like adding seats to an already cr@ppy car - that doesn't make it a limo!

Crysis may indeed run well on a GeForce 6800 GT, but sadly, the 8600 GTS is not that much more powerful. It's more powerful on the shader side of things, but even the older GeForce 7900 GS and Radeon X1950 GT spank it in games like CoD2 and FEAR! It's just not a very powerful design at all. In which case, if you can't afford an 8800, why not just go with a 7900 GS or 7950 GT? Either one of those would perform very well in Crysis and still not suck at those older games. Plus, you wouldn't be tempted by the promise of DX10 support without the high-end performance.

Maybe you should drop down to a more modest monitor while you're at it. If your whole plan was to play Crysis at its native res, well... I think we've established by now that you don't have the funds to make that happen. Just take away that high-end resolution and go for a more conservative 1440 x 960 or 1280 x 1024. You won't have the power for 1680 x 1050 anyway, unless you make your games look like cr@p and enjoy a slide show.

Wouldn't I still be able to have the different resolutions on the widescreen monitor anyway? Or will it try to fit screen and automatically make it widescreen?

Blog Entries
    Depends on the monitor and its drivers. Most of the time, 4:3 aspect ratios will really be 4:3, with black bars on the sides. Sometimes, though, it's possible to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by saphalline View Post
    Depends on the monitor and its drivers. Most of the time, 4:3 aspect ratios will really be 4:3, with black bars on the sides. Sometimes, though, it's possible to change that.
    Oh, so I can change the resolution, but just keep it at same aspect ratio. Hopefully mine has the ability to do so each way - both maintaining same ratio or lower resolution with a fit-to-screen option.
    Last edited by kILLDR3n; 08-26-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Okay, I am sending an email right now to iBuyPower Customer Service.

This is what I am planning to do:

- Downgrade Video Card to 7950GT so I can play even better at DX9 while saving for 8800GTS and not waisting my time on DX10 with the lower card. (-$7)
    - Upgrade to eVGA Video Card Brand so when I get the money for 8800 I'll be able to trade the 7950 in or sell it to them like you said. (+$5)
    - Downgrade 20" monitor to the 19" 1440x900 CR closer to suggested CR. (-$18)
    - Upgrade to Vista Premium 64-bit, better and for future memory additions. (+$19)

And it actually all comes down to $1 cheaper. Hope they do take my adjustments and don't reject it.

Okay, i finally got a hold of the people about 10 min. ago. They were actually kind of giving me a hard time too.

I tell him about the downgrade to 7950GT and he says,

"Shouldn't do that, the 8 series GTS is much better already."

I said "Well, its for certain uses and I have my different opinion about it."

Then him again "Its only a $7 difference and the one you have is much better...you should reconsider."

I said "I already have it planned out, and I am going to take my chances."

He says "Then let me check if its in stock" Literally 1/2 a second later he says "Nope, its not in stock" It was basically as if it was the same sentence.

Then I go on about "you sure?" and everything. I think he was just lying because he didn't feel like it and had better things to do...anyone could tell by the tone of his voice.

So the only thing I could do then was leave it at the 8600GTS.
    Which takes me to eVGA bran upgrade.

He tells me "They already gave you it." Random quick response just so he could get the phone call over with.

I say "Really? Never specified it in order before."

He says "Well, you have it anyway."

Which then takes me to monitor downgrade.

I tell him about it, he says "Its only $18 cheaper!!! It wouldn't be any different with the change of 1 inch."

I say "I'll still take my chances."

Now, Vista upgrade.

I say "I want to upgrade to 64-bit Vista Premium instead of the previous 32-bit."

And the answer I would have expected "There is no need to. The change will have no effect on your PC."

Me "I'm still going for it."

He says "Well, its going to be a real headache for us. Will probably delay your shipping at least 1 day, most likely 2." (Still trying to get out of the job)

I say "I can deal with it."

Then we kind of agree and hang up.

I could tell by the way he was talking that there may be a possibility he wasn't going to do some of the changes. He really seemed most annoyed about the 32 to 64 bit change. Well, I'll know when I get my order.

Note: He had a horrific Spanish accent the whole conversation also, which made the call even worse.

Blog Entries
    Wow! A bit unhelpful, eh? That's a bit annoying and confusing... Why do that to your customer??

In any case, if they don't make the changes, you can appeal to your credit card company for a denial of payment (based on grounds of incorrect products). I hate to do that if I can avoid it at all, but most credit card companies only have a 30-day period in which to do it. I figure if I can't resolve the issue with the company within 15 days, it's their fault and they deserve it! So, as a last resort, you can call your credit card company if they don't make good on their promise. The changes will be very obvious, too, just by looking at the components. The monitor's model number is painted right on the front bezel, "eVGA" should be silk-screened on the vid card's PCB or fan unit, and Vista will tell you 32-bit vs 64-bit right in the System Properties!

Sounds like this is becoming quite the hassle... And the totally incorrect advice (which can be verified with a 30-second Google search! ) does not instill a lot of confidence...

The guy said that it'll probably be a 1 or 2 day delay in shipping and suddenly my order ships out last night as if nothing were changed. I doubt he changed anything and I'm going to be pissed if that's the case when I get it.

Blog Entries
    I talked to Orion about this and he suggested contacting the shipping company in your area - tell them to hold the package (ie, DO NOT DELIVER) and call you when it gets in. Do a physical inspection on-site at the FedEx or UPS or whatever depot. If it isn't what you ordered, refuse delivery. Simple as that.

Without an acceptance of delivery, the shipping company must send the package back to the shipper and charge them for the return. This is covered under Federal laws involving unsolicited goods in the mail. As long as the status of the package never reaches "delivered", you're free from harm!

It sounds like, overall, iBuyPower is no longer a good company. Up to about 2 or 3 years ago, they were. Digging into their past shows at least one change of hands - ie, "under new management". If they totally screw up your "new order" that shipped last night, I'd say you can perhaps try one more time with them before you take your money elsewhere. Talk to a manager next time you call them. If that manager can't help you, ask for a higher manager and so on until you get help. If you never get help, well... you tried your best. We'll help you find something suitable at a different company.

My home is by my Wife's side...otherwise, You can generally expect to find me in Minnesota...
    Yeah, I would definately contact the shipping company. the inspection policy is different for each company, so you may not be able to pull the box out and do a visual inspection of the parts, but I know that they should allow you to check the inventory. if the inventory does not list the specific changes you want, send it back. it's not worth accepting it and finding out if the parts are correct later on...especially because the process for a fully CYA (Cover Your ... Butt....) policy is:

1: obtain an RMA from the company (Returned Merchandise Authorization), which from this company may be a VERY large hassle.

2: ship the computer back, which YOU have to pay for in most cases...

3: THEN you can contest the charges with your credit card company.

If you inspect the package before delivery, you can simply refuse delivery, and the company that shipped it eats the cost of the return shipment. Since you never got the merchandise, you will have a firmer ground to stand on with the Credit Card Company...

Now, this brings up the question: will the shipping company listen to your request? this is always an issue, as Fedex and UPS have always given Saphalline and me problems with listening to our instructions....until we had $400 worth of computer parts stolen from our doorstep...and they didnt' have a signature to prove they delivered it....

The good thing is that if you make the request-in person at the office and in writing would be the best way-then it's recorded that you needed to inspect the shipment. that way if the shipping company delivers it to your door anyways, you can bring the box back to the shipping company, ask to talk to a manager, and then play the offended, rightous customer...which, in this case, you have every right to be. make it very clear that because they didn't listen to your instructions, of which there should be evidence, they should be responsible for returning the box at no charge...

Naturally, the sooner you do all this, the better-contact the shipping co. today if possible, and if they deliver it to you rather than listen to your instructions, return it the next day if not the same day...make a stink. usually for something like that, the manager will bend and accept responsibility.

Edit: You know, you attempted to change the Vid card, and they gave you the run around. I would say that disqualifies them from any further attempts at goodwill. If this were my order, I would just refuse shipment immediately, and contest the charges with the Credit Card Company. Don't give this company your money-it might be just a bad customer service person, but when they strong-arm you into taking bad products twice (once when you ordered, again when you called back), that reflects poorly on the organization as a whole. they likely have overstock of the 8600GTS cause it sucks, and they are pushing it. probably rushed your order to prevent you calling again. I'd say dump them-refuse the order and contest the charges immediately.
    Last edited by Orion; 08-28-2007 at 01:26 PM.
    "Many years have passed, and still I wonder why...the worst of men must fight-and the best of men must Die!"

Thread Information