Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: My Desktop computer frequently shutdown automatically?

Post My Desktop computer frequently shutdown automatically?

I am using Windows XP and Norton 2007. And no virus is inside. Even though My CPU is automatically Shutdown frequently, sometimes automatically restarting without any command from me. There is no power interruption.

Post My Desktop computer frequently shutdown automatically?

I am using Windows XP and Norton 2007. And no virus is inside. Even though My CPU is automatically Shutdown frequently, sometimes automatically restarting without any command from me. There is no power interruption.

Can any one answer me?

could be you ram, if you have 2 dimms take one out and see if it stabilizes if it doesn't try the other. also try memtest86+ (look for on google).

another suspect would be the PSU but the only way or testing that would be replacing it.

and pleas post more system specs

Question Frequently restarting my desktop

Thanks

My system details

Mother board :Gigabyte TUCD Ver.2.45
    Celeron(R) 2.8 GHz
    Ram: 2 * 512MB
    HDD: 80 GB
    DVD ROM
    DVD RW which is newly installed just one month before
    PSU: I don't Know how to mention

Can u advise me wheter i need to upgrade my PSU?

or any other problem cause to restart automatically?

Your system could be overheating. Try running it with the case open and see if the problem still occurs. You can also download a program like sensorsview or coretemp to determine how hot your components are running.

Of course, a bad psu is also very likely. The only way to check is to either take it to a computer shop and have the power supply tested (you can remove the power supply from the computer and bring just that) or to simply order a replacement psu.

Is this a prefab? That is, did you buy it already made? You might be able to get it repaired through the manufacturer.
    Current build:
    Cooler Master HAF 922 case
    Thermaltake 750 watt modular psu
    MSI P67A-C43 board
    8 GB Corsair XMS DDR3 1300
    Intel core i5 Sandy Bridge quad core@ 3.3 ghz
    MSI GTX 570
    WD 2 TB HDD
    64-bit Windows 7
    Rosewill USB Wirless Adapter
    LG Blu-Ray DVD Combo Drive
    I'm a PC!

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!
    Case open with a fan gently blowing on it. Just removing a side panel can create additional heat problems since the air flow channeled through the case would be disrupted... Heartborne is on the right track...overheating is a likely culprit...just add the external fan...

Also, have you checked the heatsink and fans for dust accumulation??

One other thought, would be to turn off auto restart incase there's an error message given...
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

Thanks, Yes my CPU inside temp is 50 c. I opened cover its ok.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

My desktop computer is not getting on

Yesterday Sensor view gave alarm for +5v and +VBAT are low voltage. Today my system getting on. I think partially on because i found fans of motherboard were on. My PSU is 350W.Can u suggest me? Whether i need to install hihger rating PSU? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ttmari_jose View Post
    Yesterday Sensor view gave alarm for +5v and +VBAT are low voltage. Today my system getting on. I think partially on because i found fans of motherboard were on. My PSU is 350W.Can u suggest me? Whether i need to install hihger rating PSU? Thanks
    Yes, you most likely will need a new/better power supply.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information