Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: hi all

hi all

Nice place u have here lots of info , it may take me several years to read all this but i will give it a try ,

Yes, I'd say the PC Guide is a nice place to find info, ask for help, etc.
    Keep up the good work, people!

Sorry for double posting, but I don't see any "edit" button on my post - wonder where is it?

And I was trying to get into the board's User CP so I can add an avatar under my name - could you please help me with this? I have a custom-made avatar.

Thanks in advance.

The edit post expires after an hour (or half an hour, I can't remember). For your avatar, go to User CP. On the left pane, you will see "Control Panel" and under "Settings and Options," the last one is "Edit Avatar." No animated GIFs are allowed, which upsets me. My avatar is a frame of an animated GIF:

We have strict avatar requisites.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 4.9 KB (whichever is smaller).
    IBM ThinkPad T21 - 750MHz PIII, 256mb RAM, XGA, S3 Savage IX8, 40GB HD, Windows 95/NT4
    HP ENVY 15 - i7 4700MQ, 16GB RAM, 2GB NVIDIA GT740M, FHD, 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 7-64
    Desktop - i7 3770K, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD 7870, 256GB Samsung 840 SSD, 1TB HD, 7-64

I did go to user cp, but when I click on edit avatar, I get this message - what gives?

[IMG][/IMG]

I am assuming you can only use and edit avatars etc after you have a certain number of posts. I am not aware of how many that is but normally forums require 5 or 10 posts prior to allowing PM use so it may be similar to that.

Just keep posting and eventually you will be able to. Also, unless things have changed, you are allowed animated gif's because I was using one at one point in my 'alter ego' as 'Fruss Tray Ted'. The gifs just need to be small enough in file size to be allowed. I think that limit is 19KB.

Nope, it's 4.9kb and animated GIFs aren't allowed.
    IBM ThinkPad T21 - 750MHz PIII, 256mb RAM, XGA, S3 Savage IX8, 40GB HD, Windows 95/NT4
    HP ENVY 15 - i7 4700MQ, 16GB RAM, 2GB NVIDIA GT740M, FHD, 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 7-64
    Desktop - i7 3770K, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD 7870, 256GB Samsung 840 SSD, 1TB HD, 7-64

Quote Originally Posted by FTT View Post
    I am assuming you can only use and edit avatars etc after you have a certain number of posts.
    Hmm, could this be "only after you have reached a certain rank"? I am now a Geek Disciple (just noticed this yesterday), and now I'm able to put my avatar by my name.

I just tried to add my signature to my threads and I get a message saying "no subscribed threads" - what does this mean? How do I add my signature? Do I have to pay for these subscribed threads (I hope not)?

EDIT - I just posted this (above) and as soon as I hit the "send/save" button, I saw my signature! But I hope I won't have to pay for "subscribed threads"?
    "AlienBZ to Quasar Command...Have completed all tasks here on this planet. Ready to beam up, please."

Subscribed threads are ones that you will get email notices when they are 'updated'/replied to.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information