Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: swapping memory problem

Post swapping memory problem

swapping a Epox 7KXA motherboard for a Asus A7v and I thought I would be able to use the PC133 memory from the Epox in the Asus but I can't get it to fit in the memory slots. Iam aware of the notches and the direction the DIMM has to go.
    This is my first time installing a new motherboard.
    what am I doing wrong?
    thanks in advance
    Richard

Originally posted by kyote:
    swapping a Epox 7KXA motherboard for a Asus A7v and I thought I would be able to use the PC133 memory from the Epox in the Asus but I can't get it to fit in the memory slots. Iam aware of the notches and the direction the DIMM has to go.
    This is my first time installing a new motherboard.
    what am I doing wrong?
    thanks in advance
    Richard
    It is common for the DIMM sockets to be tight the first time memory is installed. I prefer to install them on the motherboard before putting it in the case, putting the board on top of the anti-static bag on a workbench. Press firmly, and be careful not to flex the DIMM.

Reid

------------------
    rdrummond@thesimpsons.com

Thread Information