Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: what have i stumbled on,am i about to be terminated?

Post what have i stumbled on,am i about to be terminated?

hi,i am new to the internet and computers.can anyone offer likely explanations to the following.in trying to get the homepage address of a u.k. television channel E4,i entered the name into the google search engine.i then clicked on to an entry which contained a mass of numbers with E4 highlighted.it seemed to be some form of message board,referring to meetings and events,without saying what exactly.i then clicked on to a link,and a message came up "strictly prohibited" "YOU MUST NOT ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS AGAIN",(their capital letters,not mine).so.does anyone have any ideas as to what this all means?.many thanks in advance of any replies.

-- Wisconsin, U S A -- Ahh, The Power of Cheese !

Welcome, cly!

Sounds like you just accidentally stumbled in to a limited-access site. No big deal.

You are in no danger of being 'terminated' -- figuratively speaking, anyway.

------------------
    "I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    -- Charles Babbage, mathematician, computer pioneer, analytical engine designer (1791-1871)
    -- (Question: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?')

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."
    -- Homer Simpson
    "I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    -- Charles Babbage, mathematician, computer pioneer, analytical engine designer (1791-1871)
    -- (Question: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?')

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."
    -- Homer Simpson

Thread Information