Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Thinkpad 570

Post Thinkpad 570

I have a IBM Thinkpad 570, which is connected to my AST 5L monitor. The problem is that the monitor goes "to sleep" after about 3 minutes, even though I may still be working on it. I have checked the Monitor set up in Control Panel and everything there is good. I have also checked the Power Management Settings and made sure all options read "never". I have also turned off and on the screen savers as I thought there maybe a conflict there. Please help.

Question

Sorry to be a pain, and I know I will probably be demoted for this but have any of you got any suggestions for insubordinate display? As I can come up with no suggestions, any advice (within reason) would be gratefully received. Yours pleadingly...Bandy

If you have all the power settings in both display and power management set to always on and the monitor is stilling going into suspend mode

I would look at the monitor internal controls.
    If it has any. (Menu Button) or the like.
    In addition look at the hardware setup in control panel (If you have it)
    On my Toshiba I have the option of selecting display internal / external /auto

Sorry I canít be more specific But I donít have a lot of experience with the IBM thinkpad

------------------
    To ERR is HUMAN
    To REALLY screw things UP, YOU NEED a COMPUTER !

Lightbulb

Good one, thanks for that Rick. I will certainly try your suggestions. I know my power settings are "always on"/ "never", but I will have look in the hardware setup. Thanks again. Bandy

Thread Information