Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: activex

Question activex

when i go into help,and then into certain subjects like files and folders abox comes up with padlock and key and a message. "some software(activex controls) on this page might be unsafe. it is recommended that you do not run it.do you want to run it. if you press no another message reads,( this page provides potentially unsafe info to an activex control your current security settings prohibit running controls in this manner.as a result this page may not display correctly. any body no whats going on?

What you are seeing are the warnings that go along with the Internet Security Settings you have chosen (or have been chosen for you!) on your Internet Browser. As long as you know the site you are at doesnt put out malicious code, it's ok to allow the Direct X to run....if you dont know the site, it could cause a problem. You can CHANGE your browser's settings related to this topic by going into the "Tools" sect. in MS Explorer and "Preferences"(i think) on a Netscape browser.

------------------
    When all else fails...start parts swapping!
    XP didn't save Me !

Thread Information