Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: winxp reboot (didnt know where to classify)

Unhappy winxp reboot (didnt know where to classify)

hi! once in a blue moon, after selecting a win xp profile in the start up, the computer restarts itself all of a sudden. is this a winxp problem? i think its something to do with my athlonxp 1800 processor? maybe the heat? my mb is a ECS k37S5. Sorry I didnt know where to classifythis problem. Thanks!
    Analyze this:

Keyboard error or no keyboard present.
    Press F1 to continue or F10 to enter Setup.

System Specs:

Athlon 2000+ Thoroughbred cooled by a Thermaltake VOlcano 7+ on an ASUS A7V8X-MX; Runs on 768MB (266) DDR RAM; Display courtesy of an Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR shown on a 17 inch CTX Monitor. Sound provided by SB Live 5.1 EAX Sound projected through a black Altec Lansing ATP 2.1 speaker system.

It's probably not due to heat if it happens during a cold start.
    But bad memory or an undersized power supply module can cause it.

What is the watt rating on your PSM, and what are the amp ratings for its 3.3V, +5.0V, and +12V legs, and also the combined watt rating for the '3.3V & 5.0V' legs?

Also, remove and reinsert the memory modules a few times, try them in different slots, or try different memory.

hmm well outside the powersupply i see a 230v and i know that im using s dynamo 3.5w power supply
    Analyze this:

Keyboard error or no keyboard present.
    Press F1 to continue or F10 to enter Setup.

System Specs:

Athlon 2000+ Thoroughbred cooled by a Thermaltake VOlcano 7+ on an ASUS A7V8X-MX; Runs on 768MB (266) DDR RAM; Display courtesy of an Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR shown on a 17 inch CTX Monitor. Sound provided by SB Live 5.1 EAX Sound projected through a black Altec Lansing ATP 2.1 speaker system.

Check the PS again, and look for values for 'Output Rating'.
    What you've given is the 'Input Rating', and the 3.5W may be 3.5A.

Thread Information