Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Abit KT7A-Raid Bios update...

Post Abit KT7A-Raid Bios update...

I have windows 2000, Abit KT7A-Raid, Athlon 1.33, GeForce3, and SoundBlaster 5.1. It keeps freezin! I read on Abits site on flashing the bios to resolve compatibility issues with soundblaster. In that read me file for the update, it says to go into pure dos mode.....How in the heck do start up in Dos?

Under 2K, what you will need is a boot floppy for Windows 9x or a DOS boot disk. It dosen't matter if the disk is for DOS or Windows, as long as it boots to a prompt. If you need a boot disk, let me know and I can zip up a boot disk and email it to you. Also, you can check out Bootdisk.com for locations to get bootdisks. Remember, it dosen't matter what OS you get as this has nothing to do with the hard drive or the operating system. Any boot disk will so. You just want to make sure, regardless of which youuse, not to sys the hard drive. Need any help, just let me know.

------------------
    BiosCentral
    BiosCentral Forums

Thread Information