Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Identifying Memory Modules

Unhappy Identifying Memory Modules

I have a bad memory module. I am trying to find the manufacturer of the memory. Seeing if I can get a replacement. but I don't remember where I got it. I buy so much of it. It looks to me as if the markings on the sticker are ATA. Gold sticker that says memory with the ATA on it. If you have any websites that would be helpfull in locating the vendor it would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Jughead
    If you can find an FCC number on the memory go here and do a search for it. This (if Found) wull give full details of the manufacturer.

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/
    Ernie

The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one is made from strong will, and the other from strong won't
    Henry Ward Beecher
    Do you have reading problems? Don't let it deter you. This is what YOU can do if you try http://www.erniek.eclipse.co.uk

Ram

Thank you for your help.

Craig

Question Need Input!!

What we need here is INPUT! You can buy memory from almost any manufacturer providing you know what type of memory your system takes. Tell us what model PC or motherboard you have and we can take it from there.

If you look on one of the small black chips on the memory stick, it should be printed on there in small gold or white lettering (depending on the quality of the memory manufacturer.

Jughead,

I got the impression from your comment that you already have the info you need, is that true??
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

Thread Information