Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: CompTia Network+

CompTia Network+

I would like to challenge the CompTia N+ soon. I am looking at the objectives and trying to find the information they refer too. I am having trouble finding the information for objective 1.2 on this page. I am wondering if anyone can help?
    Pentium R 2.5 Ghz (x64)
    8 GB memory
    Windows 7 Pro

Here's a link to a study guide for a course called Network Essentials. (There is a textbook by the same name.) I think it will help you better understand the objective set by CompTIA in the link you posted.

http://www.mcmcse.com/study/netguide.shtml#topologies

(objective:)
    1.2 Specify the main features of 802.2 (LLC), 802.3 (Ethernet), 802.5 (token ring), 802.11b (wireless) and FDDI networking technologies, including:
    Speed
    Access
    Method
    Topology
    Media

If you have not yet learned networking technologies, you should probably wait to challenge the n+ exam until you fully learn this info.

Also, keep watching this forum as I'm hoping we will all be learning more about networking technologies from the grand poobah, ixl.

Thread Information