Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Internet connection

Internet connection

hallo,

One Internet site is opened with its full content for about a half second and closed automatically. The whole page is blank. The URL and some popup windows are still there. The internet connection is ok. Other sites can be opened and surfed without problem. I have tried to open the same page from another device (pc) and everything is ok it worked. I do not know what happened with this computer. IE 6, windows XP Home edition.

calling for help!

Start with an anti-spyware scan (AdAware or Spybot or both...), then an AV scan.

With AdAware or Spybot fix what is found, reboot after fixing.

Links to both programs are in my sig...
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thank you it has worked perfectly.

Thread Information