Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Front Connection Panel.

Front Connection Panel.

I have a panel on my case for front side usb and audio. I have connected all the internal leads but there is one which i can't find a socket which is the right size.

1: This is the shape of the plug.
    2: I think this is the associated logo.

First can someone help me with the name of this plug and secondly where to plug it in.

All help appreciated.

ruperdupe

It looks like Firewire. If your motherboard does not have anything to connect it to and you do have firewire devices, just get an add on card. If you don't have a firewire device don't bother with it.

Usb-2 is better anyway.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks, Yeah i won't bother as firewire transfer is slower than USB and i allready have firewire on the back of the computer.

ruperdupe

Speed 400 versus 480 (firewire versus usb2). Other comparisons at http://www.3dsolutions.co.uk/infoUSB2_Firewire.htm
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Thread Information