Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Help! Monitor image is upside down

Help! Monitor image is upside down

the monitor image inverted . by this i mean that everything is upsidedown
    i was trying to bring up the task manager so i pressed ctrl+alt+del...then my monitor shut off and when i turned it back on the screen image was upside down.the monitor is about five years old but the computer is 2 months old

if anyone has experienced this let me know thanks

Check your graphic card settings. I have a 6600gt, and can invert my screen. Try going: right click your desktop, select properties. Go the settings tab. Clieck advanced. There do you have a tab for your graphics card? Mine shows I have a 6600Gt. After selecting the tab it displays options. I have NVrotate. That rotates my screen.

So, what hardware do you have?
    Apathy: If we don't take care of the customer,maybe they'll stop bugging us.

Customer Disservice: Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

(Maybe BB's approach?)
    ~Despair.com

Talking Upside down image

When you hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE you must have bumped the down arrow key. The keystroke combination to flip the image upside down is CTRL-ALT-downarrow key... to flip the image rightsideup again, press CTRL-ALT-up arrow key.

Welcome to

Unfortunately, this post is quite old, and the original poster has likely found a solution or moved on. He has not signed in in over a year.

Please remember to check the dates on posts :P
    Don't fear the penguin - www.slackware.com

Also the same fix as I posted and linked to......

many of us browse this forum just absorbing information and fixes, not posting/solving our own problems... i don't see any harm in reviving an old thread if you have something useful to add (in this case a duplicate solution, but they got right to the point).

As they say, history repeats itself... someone else will have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by azzey View Post
    Welcome to

Unfortunately, this post is quite old, and the original poster has likely found a solution or moved on. He has not signed in in over a year.

Please remember to check the dates on posts :P

Thumbs up Deja Vu all over again

My son inverted the display on his system, without a clue to how he did it. I found this useful forum while looking for a solution and greatly appreciate the simple & direct response "recently" posted. Thanks

there you go, it's now 4 years later and people are STILL finding this useful!

Man where did that last two years go??? sheeesh.

upside down image help

I was thrilled to find help with my upsidedown image problem - so i for one am grateful that this post is still up!

Yup, me too. Five years later!

Thank you very much for leaving up this very useful post. I changed the batteries in my keyboard and whomp somehow upside down everything I tried restarting ect. Thank God I didn't have to call my son.

Like others, I was so relieved to get the answer to the problem of the upside down screen, which had been caused by someone accidentally pressing the wrong keys on the keyboard! Thank you very much for giving me the answer so quickly.

Thread Information