Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Dreamfall:The Longest Journey

Dreamfall:The Longest Journey

The original Longest Journey was a good game. This one Dreamfall, IMHO, is a dud. It's a lot of blah, blah, blah between characters that I must have fallen asleep during about three times. The puzzles, or game play, what there is, which isnt much are pretty simple. There is some lame combat action in spots. lesson learned, dont buy a game on its original rep or all the hype about the sequel.
    "Act civilized, even if you aint."

Blog Entries
    I always heard the first one was really good. If I were into the adventure/click genre, I would buy it in a heart beat! But I've never really been a fan of them. Is the first game really genre-expanding? Is it worth a look for those of us who like shooters and RPG's?

The Longest Journey 1, was a good adventure game and from what I remember, its been ten years I think since it was out now. It was different in that being a Europe game it had an edge and grittieness to its characters and gameplay as compared to the US games at the time. Its worth trying out if you can borrow a copy or you can probably pick one up cheap. I just felt I had to post something about Dreamfall because it is very weak after all the hype and I cant recommend it for any reason.
    I will be picking up a copy of Oblivion after reading about it here though.
    "Act civilized, even if you aint."

Thread Information