Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: new memory sticks

new memory sticks

It has been a awhile since i messed with upgrading memory, I pulled out a pc 2100 ddr 128 133mhz, looking at upgrading to possibly 512 or 1 gb, but all of the listings are for pc 2100 are showing 266mhz, my question are these memory stick compatabile with the current system, the memory bus is only 133. from what i remember that they are, this guy lives out of state and i visted over weekend so did not get full system information he has hp 503w system, not that that helps much, sorry for the beginner question, i looked online before posting and most information was that 266 is compatiable, but i knew someone on here would be abl to give me the low down thanks for your answers !

DDR stands for 'Double Data Rate', so DDR 2100 266 MHz is compatible with a 133 MHz memory bus.

Thread Information