Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: E4300 oc problem

E4300 oc problem

hi all you clever cpu wizards out there, i have a slight problem here. After reading quite a few threads about the E4300's OC ability, i decided to buy one to play around with it. The mobo is DFI P965-s, ocz ddr2 800 ram 1gb x 2 and a xion 600w psu.

at first i got the cpu to run 266mhz without a problem, no voltage change, nothing... after that the pc starts getting unstable, so i upped the voltage for the cpu and ram and tried it again. CPU runs 300mhz reluctantly, but after more voltage for the cpu, ram and NB, the CPU finally settles at 333Mhz without too much hassle. My aim is 400mhz which will give me a speed of 3.6ghz (400 x 9) but i am having problem with pc booting up at 400mhz. Nothing responds, a black screen indicates that the cpu doesnt like that fsb setting.

HELP!!!! what am i doing wrong here??

CPU ~ 334mhz x 9.0 = 3ghz ~ 1.440v
    RAM ~ 835Mhz ~ 2.1v

Did you lock your voltages on your other devices? i.e. PCI bus, PCI-E/AGP bus.
    CPU: Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.6Ghz GPU: Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Mobo: ASUS P5E RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 w/DHX
    HDDs: 1x74GB Raptor; 2x500GB WD5000AAKS
    Display: Samsung 226BW Sound: X-Fi ExtremeGamer

Blog Entries
    No OC'ing here. It belongs in the Performance SIF section of the forums.

Thread Information