Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Acrobat 7 Pro Installation

Acrobat 7 Pro Installation

I need to reformat my PC because of too many issues, but I have lost the key for Acrobat 7. It is installed now and working. Any to get this reinstalled after format?

I tried magic jelly bean finder or keyfinder, and it gave me a serial number, but it is invalid.

Consider not using Acrobat Reader at all. If you want to read pdf files, use FireFox and the `pdf download` extension.

I have eradicated my system of all Adobe except Flash.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Or foxit reader is a good alternative to acrobat
    be wary of strong drink - it may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!

I want to use the full Acrobat to create PDFs and to use the PDF commenting for sharing with others. I create a lot of manuals and need to enable the commenting feature for other users of Acrobat reader.

I too am not fond of Adobe, but as it is a Microsoft world, so it is Adobe's...

Thanks David, I'd forgot about that even though I already have it installed. Most of my pdf's are downloaded with FF's Pdf Download and when I open them I didn't even notice it was with Foxit Reader.

Cuc Tu,
    As long as you keep that attitude, the longer MS and Adobe will remain the leaders of the pack. Foxit also has a Writer here

At $29.99 compared to $449.00, I think it's more about greed than anything else. Adobe's Pro is 15X the cost of Foxit Creator. I'll save my wallet and put up with an inconvenience or two any day of the week.

I see now why you are frantically trying to salvage an old installation. I'm just trying to save you some money if you aren't successful with it.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Figures - I finally contacted Adobe and they said that the serial number on my installed Acrobat is invalid. What? C'mon! I have the retail disc, I installed it, AND it had to be "activated" I just don't understand it.

I suspect that Foxit creator cannot do the things we need it to do, such as integrate with FrameMaker and ePublisher for scheduled publications, or do all the fancy color trapping and other print processing that we use. I'm not sure if it could enable commenting for Reader users.

But if all that would work, I'd buy it. The Phantom version at more than 1/4 the cost does not list these capabilities.

Since I'm at work, I checked and all our Acrobat's have 5 groups of 4 numbers.

The Adobe rep said my SN had to be 6 groups of 4 numbers, 24 numbers.

Well, if I had all 24 numbers I would not need to call them!

Thread Information