Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Vertical Lines on 1/4 of my ACER aspire 4310 monitor - replace monitor?

Question Vertical Lines on 1/4 of my ACER aspire 4310 monitor - replace monitor?

Good Morning!

This shouldn't have been an issue if i can afford to buy another laptop. But I'm really on a tight budget for now.
    Hm.... harsh real world. ^^,

You see?

apart from the black portion (broken monitor), a fourth of my screen has horizontal lines all over.

I have a strong notion that i need a monitor replacement. But is the monitor the only problem?
    I fear that if directly go to the repair shop they'll overcharge me. (financial issues again)

Or can i just buy parts and fix my laptop on my own?

Thanks guys! Lotsa love! ^^,

Welcome to the forum!

What you need to do is to hook up an external monitor to your laptop and see if the problem still shows on it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that your monitor is toast...
    Don't fear the penguin - www.slackware.com

Thank you..

Oh my.. I guess I'll try hooking it up to our TV but that means buying a HDMI cable I guess. Thank you for your help.

Lotsalove!

Thread Information