- Added a subtitle to the game (“The Eight Pages”) to differentiate it from future versions.
- Improved main menu and added music to it. Also now includes links to Slender Man info and YouTube series.
- Added different light sources (unlocked after beating the game once).
- Added shadows (not especially noticeable except in lit areas).
- Your jogging speed now increases gradually as more pages are collected.
- Removed the cooldown for stamina recovery after jogging/sprinting, and reduced the stamina drain rate. When you start jogging/sprinting, however, it immediately deducts 5% of your stamina. This will allow you to jog or sprint for a much longer period of time, but makes repeated taps of the jog/sprint button cause your stamina to drain very quickly (effectively getting rid of a former exploit).
- The maximum distance you can see decreases as you collect more pages; this is to keep the challenge similar for people who have fog turned off. For the same reason, Distance Shade can no longer be turned off.
- Added a menu option to automatically skip the intro.
- Added a pause feature, but you can only pause if there’s no static (which prevents you from pausing the game in response to seeing the Slender Man).
- Fixed a bug where the flashlight would try to illuminate a page on there side of a wall.
- Removed one of the hidden modes (it was only a matter of time, since it contained copyrighted material).
Slender is a short, experimental horror game in which you must travel into a dark woods at night, with a simple goal: find 8 pages that are scattered across the woods.
But as you are looking for them, you are being stalked by an entity that grows more persistent and relentless as each page is collected, an entity that you cannot even look at for long, let alone fight. Your only hope is to collect all 8 pages before it catches you…